Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are now available and is currently calling applications from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time doctoral study at a UK university.
The aim of the scholarship is to enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries and to contribute to UK higher education and research by attracting high-calibre international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is the world’s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2018
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
HOW TO APPLY
- No multiple application is required.
- All application must be online on this platform.
- Start Application online using the Application Link.