African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12-months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 02nd – 22nd December 2017.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1) Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
2) Age 18 – 33 years;
3) Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
1. Register on the AU-YVC Database
2. Read carefully the information on the website
3. Build Your Profile
4. Attach the following:
– Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
– Highest qualification degree
– Letter of Recommendation
5. Submit application (latest by 31st October 2017 midnight Addis Ababa time)
*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered
*THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE ARE REQUESTED TO RE-APPLY
1) 23rd October – eligibility Check;
2) 15th November: Successful applicants will be notified;
3) 15th December – 01st January: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
4) 2018: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2) A modest monthly stipend
3) Health insurance cover
4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months